Section I - Purpose
The purpose of this position is to perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment.
Section II - Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
2. Provide unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
3. Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
4. Read and interpret equipment manuals, work orders and blueprints to perform required maintenance and service.
5. Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
6. Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
7. Observes all safety rules & regulations. Must act safely and be responsible for the safety of others around work areas.
8 Participate in lean manufacturing activities as required.
9 Perform additional tasks as assigned.
Section lll - KSA's
1. Must be able to read and comprehend written & oral instructions in English. Must be able to read and comprehend safety rules, operating and warning instructions, procedure manuals and product label identification.
2. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
1. Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when maintenance is needed.
2. Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
3. Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating error and deciding what to do about it.
4. Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
5. Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
6. Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
7. Active listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
1. Arm-Hand Steadiness
2. Manual Dexterity
3. Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
4. Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
5. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
6. Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
7. Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
8. Near vision - The ability to see details at close range.
9. Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
Section IV - Competencies
1. Team Orientation
2. Time Management
3. Results driven
4. Communication proficiency
Section V - Working Conditions
Exposure to loud noises due to manufacturing of parts.
Exposure to air borne particles due to grinding and deburring of parts.
Exposure to oils, coolants and cleaning chemicals.
Exposure to hot or cold conditions depending on the season
Crushed foot or toes from falling of parts.
Pulled or strained muscles
Required Physical Effort:
Potentially lifting up to 50 lbs.
Walking/laying on concrete floors
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Section VI - Materials, Tools, Equipment Utilized
1. Hand tools/ work cart
2. Power tools
3. Miscellaneous cleaning equipment
4. Miscellaneous equipment related to the upkeep and maintenance of a machining, fabricating shop
5. Measuring equipment (Mics, calipers, etc.)
Please Note: The information contained within this document is intended to encapsulate the important information associated with the scope of this job. This document is not intended to be a comprehensive description of the job and as the scope of the job changes, so shall this document change.