Shift: 1st & Second Shift
Do you have the drive and dedication to make a strong impression in the manufacturing industry? Do you strive for a challenging and rewarding career? If the answer to these questions is yes, ISM can demonstrate how you can become a part of our dedicated team. There’s room at ISM for talented people who want to put their career in high gear.
ISM Employment Description
Outstanding employment opportunities exist at ISM. We intend to employ qualified people willing to contribute to a highly skilled workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and we offer a generous compensation package including full Health & Dental Benefits, 401K & Profit Sharing, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Life and Disability Insurance.
- To perform all forms of welding.
- Read detailed prints and assemble jobs.
- Build fixtures, deburr parts, and inspect welds.
- Perform MIG, TIG and Arc Welding.
- Certified to AWS D15.1.
- Able to layout parts per customer specifications.
- Able to interpret customer specifications on welding processes and perform them to the specifications.
General Shop Environment in welding area, may include heat or cold depending on the season. Dust exposure and contact with water. Exposure to various noise levels and contact with sharp objects.
Fumes and Gas, Electric Shock, Hot Sparks, Arc Rays, and Burns
Required Physical Effort:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Materials, Tools, Equipment Utilized:
- Good Communication Skills.
- Good knowledge of the welding process.
- MIG, TIG and Arc Welding Equipment
- Various Deburring and Grinding Equipment.
- Layout Equipment.
- Measuring Scales.
- Dye Penatrant.
- Exhaust System
- Various Hand Tools – Hammers, Chisels, Clamps, Flashlight, Wrenches
- Welding Helmet
- Welding Gloves
- Welding Sleeves
- Welding Wire
- Tungsten for TIG Welding
To be considered for employment at ISM, an applicant must be:
- 18 years old
- Able to pass a physical examination, including a drug and/or alcohol test, administered by a physician selected and paid for by ISM, prior to the commencement of employment.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency required
- Must have mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply, and divide & the ability to perform these operations using units of weight, volume or distance.
- Must have basic blue print reading skills
- Must be able to read/comprehend written & oral instructions in English in addition read/comprehend safety rules, operating and warning instructions, procedure manuals and product label identification
- Must be able to communicate verbally in English tactfully and diplomatically one-on-one and in a small group situation
- Must have manual dexterity to sufficiently operate a computer & and other basic office equipment, keyboard skills are necessary
All employment offers are subject to the applicant’s successful completion of ISM employment application process.