Work With Us
CNC Machining Center Machinist – Mill Area
Shift: All Shifts
Do you have the drive and dedication to make a strong impression in the manufacturing industry? Do you strive for a challenging and rewarding career? If the answer to these questions is yes, ISM can demonstrate how you can become a part of our dedicated team. There’s room at ISM for talented people who want to put their career in high gear.
ISM Employment Description
Outstanding employment opportunities exist at ISM. We intend to employ qualified people willing to contribute to a highly skilled workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and we offer a generous compensation package including full Health &Dental Benefits, 401K & Profit Sharing, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Life and Disability Insurance.
- Knowledge of machine controls.
- Knowledge of tooling.
- Awareness of print revision and verification against current order.
- Use of measurement equipment (micrometers, calipers, and hand gages).
- Tag parts appropriately and move finished parts to appropriate area to maintain product flow.
- Keep work area clean and free of hazards.
- Punching in and out of Vantage for accurate parts tracking and counting.
- Communication from shift to shift.
- Verify calibration for gages.
- Verify production revisions to job traveler.
May include heat or cold depending on the season. Mild dust exposure and contact with water based coolants. Exposure to various noise levels and contact with sharp objects.
Contact with heat sources (motors and pumps). Slips and falls from leaks or drips. Possible risk of electric shock. Risk of rotating assembly sticking out of draw tubes.
Required Physical Effort:
Occasional lifting up to 50lbs. Use of hands and fingers. Ability to stand for extended period. Occasionally required to kneel. Ability to communicate with other team members.
Materials, Tools, Equipment Utilized:
- Proper safety equipment.
- Appropriate apparel.
- Hand tools necessary for tool changes and set-ups.
- Calibrated measuring equipment. .
- Various CNC Machines.
- Cutting Tooling and Tool Holders.
- Set-up Sheets.
- CNC Programs.
To be considered for employment at ISM, an applicant must be:
- 18 years old
- Able to pass a physical examination, including a drug and/or alcohol test, administered by a physician selected and paid for by ISM, prior to the commencement of employment.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency required
- Must have mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply, and divide & the ability to perform these operations using units of weight, volume or distance.
- Must have basic blue print reading skills
- Must be able to read/comprehend written & oral instructions in English in addition read/comprehend safety rules, operating and warning instructions, procedure manuals and product label identification
- Must be able to communicate verbally in English tactfully and diplomatically one-on-one and in a small group situation
- Must have manual dexterity to sufficiently operate a computer & and other basic office equipment, keyboard skills are necessary
All employment offers are subject to the applicant’s successful completion of ISM employment application process.